OpenOffice ships with a document writer, a spreadsheet, a presentation maker and many other modules. Everything you need to run your business. OpenOffice also saves your documents in the open document format (ODF) meaning that they can be opened within other office suites, even Office itself.
Version 4.1.2 comes with the following significant changes:
- Mac OS X version is now 64-bit and requires OS X version 10.7 or above.
- - Integrated accessible support, offering better integration with screen readers.
- - Annotations of text ranges in Writer.
- - In-place editing of text fields in Writer.
- - Interactive image crop feature for Impress and Draw.
- - Enhanced support for 3D charts.
But OpenOffice remains a good choice for those looking for an alternative to Microsoft Office.
Specification: Apache OpenOffice 4.1.2:
Platforms:Windows XP,Windows Vista (32 bit),Windows 7 (32 bit),Windows Vista (64 bit),Windows 7 (64 bit),Windows 8,Mac OS X,Linux
Developer:The Apache Software Foundation