If you want to upgrade to Windows 10 on your PC or tablet, here’s the minimum hardware that you’ll need. Read further below to learn about the additional factors that impact upgradeability. For more information about the free upgrade offer1, please visit the Windows 10 Upgrade page for details.If you want to upgrade to Windows 10 on your PC or tablet, here’s the minimum hardware that you’ll need. Read further below to learn about the additional factors that impact upgradeability. For more information about the free upgrade offer1, please visit the Windows 10 Upgrade page for details.
- Windows 10 Home users will automatically receive updates from Windows Update when they are available. Windows 10 Pro and Windows 10 Enterprise users will have the ability to postpone updates. The amount of time by which Windows 10 Pro users can postpone updates is limited.
- Small storage devices, like devices with 32 GB hard drives or older devices with full hard drives, may need additional storage to complete the upgrade. You'll see instructions telling you what to do during the upgrade. You may need either to remove unneeded files from your device or insert a USB flash drive to complete the upgrade.
- Many applications, files and settings will migrate as part of the upgrade. However, some applications or settings may not migrate.
- For anti-malware applications, Windows will check to see if your anti-malware subscription is current (not expired) and compatible during the upgrade.
- The safety settings for Microsoft Family Safety child users with local accounts (accounts tied to the machine) will not be migrated to Windows 10 during the upgrade. This means that after the upgrade to Windows 10 is complete, parents would need to setup safety settings for the child user along with a Microsoft account if they do not have one. To find out more about the changes, visit the FAQ page.
Additional requirements to use certain features
Cortana is only currently available on Windows 10 for the United States, United Kingdom, China, France, Italy, Germany, Spain, India, Canada (English), Australia, and Japan.
- Speech recognition will vary by device microphone. For a better speech experience, you will need a:
- High fidelity microphone array
- Hardware driver with microphone array geometry exposed
- 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster processor or SoC
- RAM-1 gigabyte (GB) for 32-bit or 2 GB for 64-bit
- Hard disk space-16 GB for 32-bit OS 20 GB for 64-bit OS
- Graphics card-DirectX 9 or later with WDDM 1.0 driver
- Localization -English
- Manufacturer -Microsoft
How To Download